Appian Review

The UI and its performance are very nice

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using the latest version. We are a low-code platform. Using this product we can easily deploy a process. It will easily create a business process in the minimum time and the minimum effort. It's easy to manage the Business Process Management (BPM) tool. We are Appian partners.

How has it helped my organization?

I cannot see any drawback in this actually. It's a market leader in BPM tools right now, Appian. Its UI and performance are very nice.

What is most valuable?

In terms of interface, it's very good. In terms of infrastructure, it's amazing and already using multiple tools behind the scenes. It's a low-code platform, so it's very easy to implement.

What needs improvement?

It is very expensive. It is also not easy to learn. Training tutorials could be improved.

We have been using Appian for the last three years. We use it on the cloud and on-premise. We have over 100 users using this tool.

It is a stable product.

It's highly scalable and highly secure. We can also create distributed environments.

The support is great. So actually I'm working as an Appian system administrator. We provide support to our clients.

No, it's not that easy to install, it's a bit difficult to install. But it's a very powerful tool because this product it's a combination of multiple technologies. So that's why.  Implementation is easy in the front end, but when we install it, it's not that straightforward. It takes about 45 minutes to one hour to install. I implemented it myself.

I implemented Appian in-house.

There are two ways to buy the Appian. For the on-premises you have to buy the license; or on the cloud, you have to pay per user. It's an enterprise tool and can be used by enterprises only. So it's a very expensive tool.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone has to work on a BPM, then it's the best tool, and it's currently the market leader in terms of BPM in our country. In the BPM category, I will rate 10 out of 10 for this product.

Other
More Appian reviews from users
...who compared it with Pega BPM
Learn what your peers think about Appian. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: February 2021.
463,678 professionals have used our research since 2012.