Appium Review
We can perform test executions on real mobile devices and emulators/simulators.

Valuable Features

• Automate tests for native apps, hybris apps and mobile websites
  • Test executions on real mobile devices and emulators/simulators
  • Write automation scripts in any language of your choice Java, C#, PHP, Python and many more
  • Based on Selenium API so there is no steep learning curve to understand Appium

Improvements to My Organization

We provide IT services and solutions, and with this solution we have helped our clients reduce their manual testing efforts to greater level. Our clients have realized benefits by reducing their testing cycle from three days to three hours through Appium.

Room for Improvement

They can improve test reporting, and more importantly on test scripts, by providing less constructs to automate more complex testing scenarios.

Use of Solution

I've used it for the past three years. We use it alongside Selenium.

Deployment is little tricky but with good help from external vendors organizations, we can implement an Appium-based test automation solution in a short period of time.

There have been no issues with the stability.

There have been no issues with the scalability.

There is great on-line support from the users community. External vendors have innovative solutions build using these tools where they provide tremendous support.

It was difficult to some extent, but with good documentation from the on-line community we where able to implement the tool.

Implementation Team

We did it in-house. If you are implementing it for enterprise level its better to seek external vendor help.

ROI

We have seen ROI of more than 60%. It's open source.

Other Advice

I would say start lean, gain small wins and incrementally add more. Example: Start automating test cases for one browser and slow expand to multiple browsers.

1 Comment

Deva VeluchamyReal UserTOP 5POPULAR

Yes, its very good automation tool for mobile native app and mobile web automation.

07 July 16