ApplicantPro Review

Eased our hiring processes and helped keep all applications organized in one place

What is our primary use case?

I used ApplicantPro in my role as HR generalist at an institute where I would review job applications and resumes. For each application, I would look through them and mark whether or not we would like to interview the candidates. For example, I would check whether they were qualified or not, and whether we would select their application for further interest.

Primarily, I used it for job advertisements, which involved posting up job titles with descriptions that applications could apply to. I also used it to review applications, resumes, and cover letters from within the software. And then after that I would contact the applicant and this was something I did off of ApplicantPro as well.

I would be able to contact the applicants and set up the interviews. After the decision was made about what we're going to do with the candidates, I either marked that they were selected, not selected, or interviewed, not interviewed, not qualified, and so on.

The only people who used this were myself and my manager and we both used it for the same reasons, to post job descriptions and view the resumes, applications, and the cover letters, and then mark the status for each one.

How has it helped my organization?

ApplicantPro has definitely helped with the fact that we can now keep up with modern technology. We used a modern way of finding applicants because it was done electronically, as opposed to in person.

And there's a lot we could do on ApplicantPro, whether it was posting a job advertisement with a job description and title, and the fact that I could look at all the applications in one place; I didn't have to scamper around and look at so many different places to do my job.

What is most valuable?

To be honest, I enjoyed all of the features provided by ApplicantPro. But most of all, I really enjoyed using it to post applications and job descriptions and to mark the statuses of applicants. Those are the things I found most useful.

What needs improvement?

Room for improvement is a good question and it's a little hard for me to say because I don't know if I used every single feature of ApplicantPro, given that the only features I used were for posting job descriptions, reviewing applications, resumes, and cover letters and marking what we decided to do about the applicants.

There were times when we wanted to post confidential positions. For that, I had to contact ApplicantPro to ask about how to do that. Because sometimes with certain positions, we only wanted certain people to see them. And, unfortunately, I had to call ApplicantPro directly in order to find out whether I could do that.

In terms of extra features, I would suggest a general human resources information system where I could actually enter information about those we hired, including the benefits information, and have the benefits information linked to the benefit vendor websites, like for medical, dental, and vision.

The last time I used ApplicantPro was in my previous job which ended in November last year.

It was stable and never gave me any trouble with bugs or anything.

We never tried to expand it and I never heard of any plans to increase usage. Also, since I was not a manager, I did not have the authority to make that decision; we just used it for the features that I already mentioned.

Whenever I had a question or wanted to make sure I'm using it right, I could always contact an ApplicantPro representative and they were available to answer any question I had within a reasonable amount of time.

I had tried Salesforce and PeopleSoft in my previous jobs at other companies, but I didn't use them very much. At my latest job, I used ApplicantPro exclusively.

I figured it out myself. And of course, whenever I had a question or wanted to make sure I'm using it right, I would contact a representative and they were always available to help.

The only people who used this were myself and my manager and we both used it for the same reasons, to post job descriptions and view the resumes, applications, and cover letters, and then mark the status.

As for maintenance and upgrades, all of that was taken care of by ApplicantPro.

With ApplicantPro, we got a lot of applications from interesting candidates and I enjoyed reading through all of them, whether they were qualified for that particular position or not. I enjoyed learning about their backgrounds and where they come from, and their work experience and education. And overall, we ended up hiring good employees — good qualified employees with great backgrounds — and they stayed with us for a long time.

So I definitely saw return on investment because one way to measure return on investment is whether we got good candidates who stayed on for a long time. Because, at the end of the day, employee turnaround costs companies money.

We had to pay an annual fee to use ApplicantPro, and the license fee included everything we needed except for the ability to post confidential positions, which was something we had to pay extra for.

What other advice do I have?

I am really happy with ApplicantPro and I would tell others that it's a good, modern software solution for finding candidates because you can not only post job descriptions and titles, but you can also easily get a lot of qualified applications through it.

For example, you can review everything from basic applications, resumes, cover letters and the like, and it's fun to look through them using ApplicantPro. You can see all of those things in one place and it's great to interview qualified candidates who later stay on for a long time.

I would rate ApplicantPro a nine out of ten.

Other
Find out what your peers are saying about ApplicantPro, Jobvite, NEOGOV and others in Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Software. Updated: September 2021.
536,114 professionals have used our research since 2012.