AppPulse Suite Review

It allowed us to identify and address the issue of why our users needed more than 20 seconds to upload a photo with our app.

Improvements to My Organization

You can test your app all day long. If you don’t know where to search and on what device, you will lose precious time. We launched the Take It app in France last June, and we had 10,000 active users. Five percent of our users experienced crashes, so we decided to add AppPulse Mobile to our app, and crashes dropped from five to 0.44 percent. During the same time period, our users jumped to 120,000.

Another example, Take It is a social photo sharing app, and we noticed that some of our users needed more than 20 seconds to upload a photo, and we were losing customers who were also leaving poor reviews. Through AppPulse Mobile, we were able to identify this issue and address it. Now, our app takes only two seconds to upload a photo and the UX is much stronger.

Valuable Features

It took me less than 30 minutes to integrate it, with no additional development needed. As a start-up, that’s really important because everyone is doing five jobs. Before AppPulse Mobile, we used Google Analytics, but we didn’t have a global vision.

With Google Analytics, you choose what performance metrics you want to have reported, but with AppPulse Mobile, you have a global vision of what is really happening inside your app.

Room for Improvement

I would love if AppPulse delivered more details about my users, for example, age and sex. It could split up the users into categories based on how frequently they use my product.

Right now, as we have grown there are some metrics that I am lacking with AppPulse. I know that there are other HP products that can complete that picture for me, but I have not used them yet.

I’ve never seen a failure in my app caused by AppPulse Mobile and since I’ve been using it, I’ve never experienced any crashes.

Right now, we have 120,000 users and our version only reports the first 25,000 users because we are part of the HP Start-up Program in Paris and have a free trial. Should we choose, we can upgrade our solution and it would scale to as many users as we need.

7/10 - As part of the HP Start-up Program, we have access to all the support we need. We’ve used them and found them effective. Every time I’ve had a question, they have been great at answering, but when my developers ask more technical questions, I can see that they didn’t have all the answers they were looking for.

I was using Google Analytics where you have to choose where you put your tags, whereas AppPulse Mobile gives me a bird’s eye view.

It was a very simple and quick setup.

Other Solutions Considered

I looked at Crashlytics and a few others, but we went with HP because we were already in the HP Start-Up Program and had a direct contact there who made the process simple.

Other Advice

It helped me a lot at the very beginning of my community to solve crashes and performance issues at a very critical time for my company.