Aqua Security Review

Has solid security but the setup is complex

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the security. Our clientele cares about the speed of the integration especially if they're doing digital transformation. If you compare it to other container security Aqua is not as caught up in terms of the migration.

What needs improvement?

We work with another Philippine company that will be providing local support, but our company has more traction with the executives of our clientele. We'd rather have the same skillset or improve our skillsets to be trained by our Aqua counterpart. We haven't done any trainings apart from a webinar. Since we are working from home, we would like to have the proper training for Aqua.

I have been using Aqua Security for two years.

Our client has around 5,000 users.

I'm the person who manages technical support. I have contacted the team in Singapore. They're pretty good. The person who has been helping us is very knowledgable.

We previously used Alcide. Aqua gives us more features and is more solid in terms of security. Aqua is more of a market share leader. There is more of a technology advantage.

The initial setup was straightforward. We spent around 12 days on the planning during our POC. Planning, testing, and mitigation took around 10-12 days.

Aqua is a bit expensive so you have to really justify going for it or not.

What other advice do I have?

The deployment should be improved. After this pandemic, half of the workforce has been working from so we need to provide our clients a solution that will have an easier deployment.

I would rate it a seven out of ten.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
Find out what your peers are saying about Aqua Security, Palo Alto Networks, Sysdig and others in Container Security. Updated: June 2021.
509,820 professionals have used our research since 2012.