Arbor DDoS Review

Key features include Web 2.0 interactive attack alerting and traffic visualization

What is our primary use case?

We use these products because of the increase in frequency and sophistication of Denial of Service and Distributed Denial of Service attacks. As a service provider, we need to control and mitigate these attacks.

What is most valuable?

Valuable features include:

• Simple and centralized management of user access and capabilities
  • Viewing and/or configuring of status, history, account, user, AAA, DNS, and NTP settings
  • Web 2.0 interactive attack alerting, traffic visualization, and mitigation service control

What needs improvement?

The following areas need improvement:

• Opening and tracking support tickets
  • Online support resources
  • Software upgrades/updates and replacement media
  • Event management guidelines.

More than five years.

The initial implementation phase was a bit tricky but after that, it worked like a charm.

Provides increased performance, scalability, and availability for Peakflow SP-based managed services.

It enables 25 simultaneous users/API per non-leader device. It scales up to ten PI devices and a maximum of 125 simultaneous logins, deployment-wide.

The setup follows a project plan based on a PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) document and the LLD. A process is created to cover site preparation, hardware staging, hardware installation, and link activation and needs the involvement of the Operations team. Deployment takes three to four months.

Our implementation strategy is as follows:

• Assign a project manager to be onsite when needed during the implementation until signoff
  • Understand customer’s policies, requirements, and procedures
  • Discuss and agree on the general prerequisites for the proposed solutions
  • Conduct site survey
  • Site preparation for the proposed solutions
  • Design the proposed solutions
  • Provide detailed project plan for the entire assignment
  • Provide Low-Level Design
  • Delivering the proposed SW and HW to the site
  • Configure the solutions based on best practices
  • Complete integration, fine-tuning, testing, and knowledge transfer to provide templates and guidance on use of templates to team members
  • Finalize the deliverables along with the client

We did include an SI for the deployment. Our experience with that team was excellent as they knew what they were doing.

Pricing is slightly on the higher side.

What other advice do I have?

It's an excellent product DDoS protection against attacks.

We have more than 7,000 users at all levels of access.

Under Attack?

Invest in better cybersecurity for your business. Find out how Arbor DDoS can help protect your network from DDoS threats.