ARCON Privileged Access Management Review

Good security with an easy initial setup and good stability

What is our primary use case?

We prefer not to talk about our use cases for security reasons.

What is most valuable?

Overall, aside from the lack of password management, this solution is the best. It's a very good product.

What needs improvement?

The solution needs more work on the password management side of things. Password management is a big challenge for us, and I would like to improve this aspect. We're finding that BeyondTrust is better in this regard, which is why we're probably going to migrate over. It will offer better security I think.

I've been working with the solution for the past two and a half years.

The stability is really good on this solution. This product is really amazing. But in terms of our security, password management is a little bit of a worry for us. Security-wise, we need to change the password frequently. This product only has options for changing the password once a week, every two weeks, two days, or three days. Our recommendation is whenever users want to access the target server, they have to, every time, change the password. So this option is not available currently and it's a weak point.

The solution is scalable, but the security level doesn't increase. That might be an issue for larger companies and continues to be an issue for us. Still, we consider it to be a very good product.

We use this product quite extensively and on a daily basis.

We've made contact with the technical support team on multiple occasions. We even reached out about increasing the password security protocols as an added feature and they said they would consider it, however not much has changed there. They said they were going to release it as a new feature in the next release. That never happened. It's the reason we're looking at another product. It would have been great if they actually responded to their client's needs a bit more.

The initial setup is very straightforward. It's not complex at all.

We handle every aspect of the solution, from deployment and troubleshooting all the way through to managing and accounting. I personally have an administrator-level certification so I know personally how to handle the implementation of the solution and how to work everything in the background.

Deployment takes a maximum of two hours. It's not a long process.

We were able to implement the solution in-house using our own team. we didn't require the assistance of any integrators, resellers or consultants.

What other advice do I have?

We're customers; we don't have any relationship with the business. We're not a reseller or anything like that. We just use the product.

Currently, we're using the solution. However, it's our intention to migrate to BeyondTrust in the near future.

Currently, we are using the latest version of the solution.

I'd like new users to know that the deployment really is quite straightforward, and it's easy to manage and troubleshoot. It's simple to restore the database within minutes if necessary as well. There are some great features that are available on the solution that makes it a worthwhile addition to a business. For us, security remains a concern, and password management is lacking. If an organization shares those concerns, this may not be the perfect solution for them.

Overall, I would rate the solution eight out of ten.

More ARCON Privileged Access Management reviews from users