ARCON Privileged Access Management Review

Eases network admin by logging changes securely, but needs support for more browsers

How has it helped my organization?

Provides a secure way of accessing the critical services in our organization, with a lot of auditing features built in. It really helps in daily system/network administration tasks by logging the changes executed, in a secured and reliable way.

What is most valuable?

Logging, particularly screen recording for Windows RDP sessions. Also, command-logging for SSH sessions. This really helps us to see what commands/changes have been executed in a particular service at a given point of time, and by whom.

What needs improvement?

The product is browser dependent. As of now, it only works on Internet Explorer from the client side. The product should not be browser dependent and should be compatible with all the modern browsers. Admins cannot use any other browsers (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.) to access the client manager online, and have to stick with IE for accessing the services.

Most people are either Chrome users or Firefox users. For them, I have to convince them to use IE.

This has been communicated to the company some time ago. They said this is already under development, to make the product work in the other browsers.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability.

Good. They are fine. They respond quickly whenever I put a ticket. Almost all the tickets I've created, I've gotten a pretty quick response. I cannot pinpoint any single instance, but almost all the tickets, whenever I have a problem, they have been good on the other side, and they are very happy to assist us. We are happy with that.

We have never used a PAM solution before. ARCON is the first of its kind in our organization.

Setup was straightforward.

Pricing is reasonable.

What other advice do I have?

ARCOS is a powerful, stable, and reasonable product for anyone looking for a PAM solution.