ARCON Privileged Access Management Review

Enables us to meet regulatory and auditing requirements

What is our primary use case?

We use it for privileged access management for our production environment. We use it to record all of the changes that take place in our entire environment. That is the main function because there is a lot of compliance that we need to meet. It helps us meet those requirements.

How has it helped my organization?

Initially, we did not have any record of the production changes, what was been taking place in our infrastructure and environment. To work on this, we got in touch with ARCON. After the implementation, we were able to make changes and record all of the changes, either in the GUI mode or the command mode. This helps us to build on the changes that take place.

What is most valuable?

Because we are a financial institution, the compliance aspect is the most important for us. Using this ARCON product, we are able to leverage the compliance and auditing to meet the regulatory information and share it when we are required to.

What needs improvement?

The product is good but a lot of things can be changed, the way the system has been designed. All the access levels have currently been provisioned so a little more effort could be put into it to have a more friendly environment and user experience. The management portal could be a more friendly environment wherein I could deploy with fewer management resources from my side. We have been requesting from the ARCON team to have fewer management activities.

Three to five years.

It's a really good, secure system. It meets all the requirements. We have a high-availability environment so even if the system goes down, we always have the backup available. Functionality-wise, the cluster setup means the product has HA capabilities.

We've had problems along the way but they were not major. The product support team has been very good. There was an issue with functionality within the product, which, as a technical team, we were not able to resolve. With the help of the product vendor, we were able to resolve it.

We did not have a previous solution. We were looking in the market for a product but we couldn't find one that met our requirements. ARCON provided a product that was able to meet the requirements and that's why we went with it.

Initially, because it was a new product for us, it was a bit difficult for everybody to understand the product. But since we've been using it for quite a long time, even the new features, the new screens, that have been deployed in the latest versions, are very user-friendly. It's not that difficult for the users to understand.

The product's pricing is a good value. We haven't had any issues with licensing.

We went through a few of the other products which were available but, as I mentioned, they did not meet all our requirements. In the end, we evaluated this particular product and chose to go live with it in our environment.

What other advice do I have?

It's a go-ahead for any organization that is looking to meet their compliance and audit requirements. This is a very good product to go with for getting your work done.

It meets most of the requirements we have. I did not give it a nine out of 10 because there are still more requests that I am looking to have fulfilled, changes to be implemented in a new version. These would make the product more stable, as well as a better product on the market.