ARCON Privileged Access Management Review

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of the solution is to give privileged access to critical resources, including monitoring and auditability.

How has it helped my organization?

Whatever my scope was, it was covered by the application.

I recently was having an issue with the Office 365 web browser. Therefore, I reported this problem to the ARCON team, and they brought in developers. They made it compatible with the new browser station of Office 365.

What is most valuable?

The locks, which can be features. You can group various departments to obtain the approval records for workflows. Therefore, it creates a type of automation, and I do not have to manually do everything or configure things.

Video and audio logs are there for any activities that the privileged admin carries out.

What needs improvement?

For the in-house built applications, they need to provide good, solid access through their portal.

It has been very stable. I have not had an issue with this product.

It is a scalable product.

A year ago, our infrastructure was on-premise. Then, we moved to the cloud infrastructure. Even during that time, it was very easy for us to move this application and database from on-premise to cloud, as well as configure new things, such as load balancing. The product is very compatible.

When we transitioned from our on-premise to the cloud environment, and even during the transition period, we did not face any challenges or any problems with this product. There was just minor tweaking that we had to do with the new features on the cloud, like failover, as well as autoscaling.

Tech support is quite good. They have been right there to help me out.

Their support details are good.

We did not use a previous access management tool. This product seems to appropriately meet our scope financially, as well as technically, which is why we went for it.

Implementation was very straightforward.

Implementation may take about half a day, then you have to create your environment. However, this depends upon how many resources that you need to configure through it. If you want to give access and resources to people, then you should have a clear plan for your implementation. For example, which groups should you give access to. These things take about half a day to implement. Then, configuration is about a day.

Product pricing is based on users and connections. We did not have to pay more for additional features.

They do have some licenses, which are required for things like Linux servers. However, in my environment, we do not have Linux servers.

We also evaluated Densify.

What other advice do I have?

I am satisfied with the application. The scope and specs that we had are met by this product. It is a very good product which is scalable.