Arcserve UDP Review

Does not allow us to independently restore individual users' mailboxes

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved our disaster management. If necessary, we can restore all our databases and applications. No matter what happens, we have backup.

What is most valuable?

Arcserve is user-friendly and allows us to back up all the servers and centrally manage them.

What needs improvement?

• We cannot restore each user's mailbox. Each user's mailbox should be independently restorable.
  • This solution is very slow. If you select all of the servers, it runs for a long time. Even a full night is not enough to perform a backup. It needs to be faster.
  • We are using a Linux server and a Windows Server, and those servers should be supported, as well as SQL Database, mail databases, and file servers.
  • If anything happens to one server we should be able to switch to another server.

More than five years.

It's not very scalable.

The support is not really so good. Sometimes we have had to find solutions on our own.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate Arcserve at five out of 10. It's slow, and we cannot restore each user's mailbox individually.

1 Comment
VP Software Engineering at a tech vendor with 51-200 employeesVendor

It is possible to perform granular restores, including mailbox level restore, using the Exchange Granular Restore Utility

04 September 19