Arcserve UDP Review

Responsive technical support, plenty of backup options, and scalable

What is our primary use case?

We have many servers at our branch head office that are on our premises. A few of those servers and many other user systems are completely being backed up by Arcserve UDP. Approximately 75% of the backups are handled by Arcserve UDP.

What is most valuable?

There are many backup options available in this solution. For example, you are able to do backups of servers, email, OST files, and users. This is a complete backup solution which is very good.

What needs improvement?

The solution can use a lot of bandwidth when the scheduling is not done, it should auto-schedule itself. For example, if there are 50 users connected in the network at 12 o'clock and the backup is not scheduled. At this time the network offices are going to have performance issues when it is doing a backup. Having a feature to auto-schedule a time when the network is not being used often would be beneficial.

The solution has a deduplication feature but while sending the data over the network it is not utilizing this feature. This could be improved in the future.

I have been using this solution within the last 12 months.

Approximately two years ago in the previous version of the solution, it was not stable. However, in the new releases, it is quite stable and we have increased the user count from 100 to 250.

The solution is scalable, we have 250 users using the solution.

The customer support has been responsive to the issues we were facing, such as bandwidth usage. They have been very good and helpful to our needs.

The initial setup was not complex and was straightforward.

There is an annual license required for this solution and it is priced well.

We have evaluated other options.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others is if they want a comprehensive solution where they can do backups of their servers, applications, emails, and user systems Arcserve is a good choice.

I rate Arcserve UDP an eight out of ten.

More Arcserve UDP reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Arcserve, Veeam Software, Acronis and others in Backup and Recovery Software. Updated: August 2021.
536,053 professionals have used our research since 2012.