Arcserve UDP Review

A good backup solution with very good stability

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for backup purposes.

How has it helped my organization?

It's more the convenience of the solution than an overall improvement to our organization. I can restore online and check that it is working alright as well.

What is most valuable?

The backup is the most valuable feature. It also makes storage very easy.

What needs improvement?

The only problem with the solution is that when I change the drive capacity, it has to do a full backup. It's a problem when I have five servers to backup. When I only want to change the size of the drive, I have to do a full backup that can take one week.

I've been using the solution for three years.

The stability is very good.

The solution offers good scalability. I don't have plans to increase the usage at this time. Only I am using it.

I've never had to call technical support, so I can't speak to the service level.

Previously, we used NetVault. It didn't have all of the solutions we needed for the VM, so we switched.

The initial setup is easy; it wasn't complex. Deployment took about three hours. You just need one person for deployment and maintenance.

I did have help with the implementation.

The licensing we have is a yearly contract. I don't think there are costs beyond the standard licensing fee.

What other advice do I have?

I am using the on-premises version of the solution.

I like the solution; it's working well for us.

I would rate it eight out of ten.