ArcSight Analytics Review

Facilitates compliance and provides important visibility

What is our primary use case?

We implement this solution for our clients.

It is primarily used for compliance, but also for analytics and SOC implementation.

All of the deployments that we have implemented are on-premises.

How has it helped my organization?

This product improves visibility, whereas prior to implementing this solution there is no visibility.

This solution facilitates compliance because it is able to generate reports to see which users or servers are not compliant with specific standards, such as PCI or ISA.

What is most valuable?

The two most valuable features of this solution are its stability and scalability.

What needs improvement?

The pricing of this solution should be improved.

The UX for the SOC analyst does not match that of the competitors, and therefore needs improvement. There is a GUI, but it is not complete and lacks functionality that needs to be performed using the console. The most important thing to work toward is having a user-oriented interface.

In the next release of this solution I would like to see user data analytics, and some machine learning capabilities.

We have been using this solution for ten years.

This solution is extremely stable.

This is an extremely scalable solution.

We have five analysts who operate this solution on average, and about five hundred people who it caters to.

Technical support for this solution is good. Compared to other vendors, it is very good.

The deployment is not that technical. It takes, on average, thirty days, depending on the environment. It is similar to any ESM.

Pricing for this solution depends on the size of the environment. It can range between $30,000 and $40,000 USD, and can go up to $500,000 and $600,000 USD.

What other advice do I have?

The biggest lesson that I have learned from using this product is that the tool is not the most important component. The tool is important, but the intelligence that you put into it is even more so.