Arcsight Logger Review

Good searching with detailed display of firewall and Windows events

What is our primary use case?

We are a service provider and this solution is deployed on-premises for some of our customers. It is primarily used for firewall and Windows events.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the level of detail that you can see about certain events, even when they do not come up in the console.

The searching is very good, where you can search for the larger part of the event.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see better scheduling in the next release of this solution.

It would improve the solution if some of the features available in the console were implemented within the search. More things can be done in the console, while the logger is restricted to just a few of them.

We have been using this solution for about one year.

The stability of this solution is fine, so far.

When you export a large number of events then it gets slower.

We have about fifty users for this solution. We do not yet have plans to increase usage.

Technical support for this solution has definitely been helpful.

We evaluated Splunk and IBM QRadar before choosing this solution.

The first time you set up this solution it is a little bit complex. But when you try it again and you know where the errors are, it is much more comfortable.

We have four administrators who maintain this solution.

We deployed this solution ourselves.

We did not use another solution prior to this one, although we have upgraded versions.

What other advice do I have?

This is a solution that is straightforward and easy to use. It is user-friendly and not complex.