ArcSight Review

Interactive dashboards provide lots of detail, but tough to operate for new users

What is most valuable?

I think that the overall experience with this solution is good, but in particular, I think that the dashboards are quite interactive.

What needs improvement?

For somebody who is new and just starting with this product, they find it really tough. The software is quite big. It would be nice if the interface were more user-friendly, with, for example, a minimal number of tabs to navigate.

A walkthrough that shows everything a normal user might do would be very helpful.

I would like to see improvements on the Active Channel side of this solution.

Between one and two years.

The software itself seems to be stable, as we have not actually experienced any bugs. The connection depends on the network side, but overall it seems to be working fine.

This solution would be more scalable if the interface were more user-friendly. There are rules and alerts, and the user has to have the proper knowledge of all of these things. With a walk-through, I think that it would be quite easy to scale.

We have two people using this solution, and we perform monitoring on a daily basis. In our environment, adding users is quite rare.

We did have a couple of problems recently where one of the modules was not communicating well. In terms of support, I think that they are quite good.

This is the first solution that we have used for monitoring.

I was not involved in the initial setup of this solution.

What other advice do I have?

This is a really good solution and I would recommend it. If you know how to work it, and how to configure it properly, then it can give you lots and lots of information. On the other hand, it provides so much detail that people can miss things. If the interface and reports were minimized and consolidated then it would be better.

I would rate this solution a seven out of ten.