ARIS BPA Review

Relieves the user of having to deal with mapping, analyzing & sharing using office tools; very professional.

What is our primary use case?

One of the main demands that we have at the moment from our customers is not only to map and share their diagrams but also to govern them and automate them. Our major customers come from the banking sector and we also have 2/3 of the telcos and some insurance companies of our country on board. We are a partner with ARIS and I'm the senior manager.

What is most valuable?

I really fancy the fact that this solution makes it so easy to have a clear understanding of how the objects you are mapping are used in your database. You can select an object and have a list of all the diagrams that it has been re-used and you can also have it output as an Excel file. There is also the ability to sort via multiple criteria to identify the relationships you need for a specific object and also find correlated models. This is one of the strongest features of the solution. It's better than having to do all the mapping and the analysis using your office tools. It is really powerful, especially if you have a large team that can spend a lot of time working on new solutions and new use cases. Competition has increased in the last few years and there are now clones of ARIS on the market but they don't go as deep as ARIS, so the ARIS product is still far ahead.

What needs improvement?

Most of our customers and myself would expect that the next complementary step for this platform would be to offer easily customizable content governance. Mini workflows provided out of the box should be open to be easily adapted by customers.

There could also be improvements to the automation part which some new -with the BPM practice- customers find a bit overwhelming. Other vendors are promoting that they have diagrams automated within the same platform. For this to happen with ARIS there is an extra step required to export these diagrams in the webmethods platform, which can be overwhelming for customers because web methods is a very huge though very powerful automation engine and they hesitate to deal with it.

It's clear that there are different skills required for mapping compared to those required for automation. In an ideal world, you'd have a mixed team working in automation projects. It would be nice to offer them just one tool for satisfying these two different audiences.

I've been using this solution for 20 years.

Very reliable

The initial setup is pretty easy but in most cases of large enterprises adaptation is required based on their LDAP Integration and SSO needs. It's the first step with every customer. Software AG'' s team is always willing to help us out in any situation even in the most demanding cases where functionality customization was requested.

What other advice do I have?

I would rate this solution a 10 out of 10.

Hybrid Cloud

10.x
More ARIS BPA reviews from users
...who compared it with Bizagi
Learn what your peers think about ARIS BPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
523,230 professionals have used our research since 2012.