ARIS BPA Review

An intuitive business process management tool with a useful documentation feature

What is our primary use case?

Most of my projects are in business process management and digital transformation. I'm using this tool for authentication.

We're heavy users. We're using it to manage the marketing use cases, for example, requirements management, subscription planning, project management, and other tools to be deployed in our projects.

The tool to be used in all our projects so internally we're using it for requirements management, project management, and for example, to maintain our ISO certificate.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the process documentation. For us, ARIS is a lifestyle more than a tool. It helps us learn how to think and how to plan for our system.

I don't know why Software AG is saying that it's for business process management. It's an enterprise management system that connects all the documentation and business processes.

It's not only documenting. It's about executing and developing business processes, performance management, strategic planning, and project management. Limited use cases can be used for documentation and for generating analytics to identify gaps in the organization.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of room for improvement. They need to increase the performance of the system flow. They need to support it more. ARIS Process Governance is still quite basic, and they are using an old BPM and process automation module.

They have a problem with the form. It's good but has limitations when integrating with other systems. This means that ARIS Process Governance or process automation is limited to the ARIS framework.

Integration with other systems is available with the ARIS API but isn't usable in APG. There isn't a proper workflow, and they need to merge their API module with the APG module. This will increase the capability of the form builder. Customization of ARIS will also be simpler and more user-friendly. They have tried to do that for more than ten years, but I don't know what they are doing now.

The installer could be improved to avoid multiple installations. For example, you have to run a script in the database site to complete the installer. So all those should be in one single point for installation. Enter all this data in the installer, and the installer will go and create the system database in the database. The price could also be better.

I have been using ARIS BPM since 2001. I might be one of the first ARIS users in the Middle East region.

It's not a stable solution. Although you're able to import and export between other systems like Camunda and Juniper, it's not able to exchange the BPM location between ARIS and Mendix. This is not possible, and it will not be possible.

Technical support could be better. On a scale from one to five, I'd give them a two. Their response times are slow. They never commit to a time to respond to our queries.

The initial setup is still very subjective. But the installation is easy. It'll take about five to six hours to get it up and running.

We're an integrator, and we use the API module to enable full integration.

The price could be better.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten, I would give ARIS BPM an eight.

More ARIS BPA reviews from users
...who compared it with Bizagi
Learn what your peers think about ARIS BPA. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: July 2021.
522,946 professionals have used our research since 2012.