ARIS BPM Review

Provides a corporate repository that connects business information.

What is most valuable?

EPC is by far the best notation to process modelling form. The idea of the corporate repository with all business information connected has no competition!

The ARIS Connect Collaborative Portal is a good idea, too!

How has it helped my organization?

• Thousands of AS-IS models documented
  • Analysis and re-design
  • Go to TO-BE models with semantic checks

What needs improvement?

Scripting has room for improvement and the documentation is a "must".

Model-to-execution methodology must be improved, too, IMHO.

I have used it for seven years.

We have encountered deployment issues. All the products have issues, but really, the quality of ARIS is spectacular, at a level that strikes excellence. Unusual in proprietary software.

I have not really encountered any stability issues.

I have not encountered any scalability issues.

Well, the Software AG helpdesk is not the best in the world, but the Software AG salespeople are very willing to help and push to accelerate the solution.

I rate technical support higher than usual.

The principal reason we switched was EPC Notation. This notation, IMHO, is the best option to design the whole organization, it is Software AG property, and the other tools can´t use it.

You can start from scratch in a very easy way and after that, increase the complexity. The tool supports it.

An in-house team with vendor team support implemented it.

• 2.000 designers design ARIS models and don´t create large Word documents.
  • Thousands of models to publish to the citizens, hot documentation and short time-to-market.
  • Reduces the misunderstanding with countries and users.
  • Removes bottlenecks and barriers.

The pricing is not my business but they have a large catalog of license models. It isn´t possible that they don´t have a specific license for you.

• MEGA
  • Casewise
  • SAP

What other advice do I have?

ARIS with Alfabet is the best EA/BPM solution in the world; no competitors. Somebody might say to you that the x tool is the best or that the y tool is the most stable tool in the market, but believe me, it will be bull. ARIS is unbeatable!!!

2 visitors found this review helpful
2 Comments
author avatarNikola Dlaka
TOP 5Consultant

Great review Guillermo. ARIS has of course some drawbacks, like any other tool, but if used properly with good expectation management and a clear vision, it's a really great tool!

author avatarHead of Risk Management Department at a financial services firm with 501-1,000 employees

What would you say about pricing? What is the range? We are a 1700 employees company and few of them would model BP most would be just users (reading documents and diagrams)