ARIS BPM Review

It helps to maintain a single source of truth regarding the processes followed within an organization

How has it helped my organization?

1. With a tool like ARIS, it helps to maintain a single source of truth regarding the processes followed within an organization. This creates a more efficient organization with just one single view of the processes across the organization and eliminates any ambiguity.
  2. The analysis and reporting capabilities make ARIS the best tool for process modeling. In addition, the flexibility and versatility of the tool can be gauged by the sheer number of model types it supports which is close to approximately 200.

Any organization big or small should have the capability of capturing the process details of an entire organization using this tool.

What is most valuable?

Process modeling and process analysis. Due the meta model of the tool, it forces a particular way for the processes to be modeled in the tool, which in turn helps to carry out the analysis and generate reports for business and senior management. This helps the business make an informed decision.

What needs improvement?

Needs flexibility in automation of the modeling processes and real-time analysis of data, not just a static view.

More than five years.

Since ARIS 9.X was released, the product has not been as robust and responsive as the previous versions.

None.

I would rate it as a seven out of 10. There is not enough documentation provided for the tool's support or administration.

No previous solution was used.

The setup was a bit complex compared to the previous version of the tool.

It is on the higher side.

What other advice do I have?

Excellent product if process modeling/documentation is its primary purpose, not automation of processes.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: Alliance partners.
1 Comment