ARIS BPM Review

You can relate different aspects of an organization to each other, and you can clearly define the rates seen in the application.

What is our primary use case?

The reporting by ARIS is clearly helps us see which resources are doing enough.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is that you can relate different aspects of an organization to each other, and you can clearly define the rates seen in the application. And, with all of the reporting you can clearly see which resource is doing the most and which resource is not doing enough. So, there is an over or under capacity visualization.

What needs improvement?

One of the biggest challenges is to realistically enable the defined structures of the processes that you have in ARIS documented, and then actually implement them in the business. If you could see the way those structures and processes are not used then you could identify the bottlenecks that are the real issues and make the necessary changes. But, instead, there is a discrepancy between all of these group processes and all of the documentation that has been in ARIS. When you are going through the business, it's like "Oh, we did like this...How can  you ensure that those processes are actually really followed within your business?" How that is possible, I do not know. From our automation perspective, I think it will be easier because then you can link your EPS or whatever you want or two levels down to your actual application. This application is automated and then you can know "Oh, this piece of code is doing that task always like that." And, that would be great to be able to manage real process and code, as well as everything from ARIS. All of that information is difficult to implement and enforce.

In terms of room for improvement, it may be nice to give access to whatever information in ARIS for a non-process kind of person. And, if you do not understand the basic labels, then there should be training for those people. Perhaps provide simple graphics to help those training sessions.

From an operational perspective, it is quite stable.

If you do it right, a good scalable product is what you come up with.

We had an ARIS technical person that would consult with headquarters when we needed help. She found it quite frustrating. They did not always understand what we were telling them and they always gave some answer that did not always provide the necessary resolution. So, that has been a bit frustrating for us. Eventually, the issues were resolved.

Setup was straightforward.

Obviously to bring knowledge and know-how that you don't have in house.  Also somebody that is unique. And,from a vendor selection perspective, if one could know up front "Okay I know you know you've done a million of these things and you support like a lot of people and you've seen it all, but don't lose that ability to see something for the first time for real and think outside of the box." I think that's key.

We also used Enterprise Architect.

1 visitor found this review helpful