ARIS Process Performance Manager Review

It monitors activity, detects deviations and assists with DMAIC.

What is most valuable?

This product is able to reconstruct the processes from any database or file. Then, you can monitor the activity and detect any deviation. If an action plan is necessary, you can measure the improvement of it with PPM. It is a tool to monitor activity and to assist DMAIC analysis.

How has it helped my organization?

Actually, we have three projects using PPM. The two main ones are collection and underwriting. The first one already has seen process improvement. The second one is at an earlier stage. For the moment, we are validating the metrics.

With PPM, you are able to calculate very quickly measurements without IT development.

It is possible to study even insignificant paths to find areas for improvement. Create indicators just to see their ability to describe the process and show differences between employee or customer behavior...

What needs improvement?

• The process
  • The employees’ methods
  • Customer knowledge

I have used it for one year.

Training is necessary to use the tool.

If the server is powerful enough, this tool is very stable.

We just increase the server capacity. The cloud will soon arrive and make this easier.

You are never left without an answer from SAG. You first ask Germany and if necessary, you can ask your country. They never leave you in the middle of the watch.

Technical support can answer quickly but if you insist, they will study your case closely.

I do not know if there is a different solution in this specific area.

The first setup was done by our own IT with only one day of support. The updates are done almost automatically.

An in-house team without training implemented it.

I can't say anything for sure about ROI, but with one project, after one year, we did recover our expenses. We now need to improve other processes to earn money. It will be done soon with the second project.

There are different levels of use, so it is difficult to tell what the costs are.

At the beginning of the project, use support from the vendor or a partner. After that, you can maintain the project in-house after training.

Before choosing this product, I did not evaluate other options. We visited another customer before doing a POC.

What other advice do I have?

This software is an indispensable tool for approaching BPM and supporting lean initiatives.