Arista Campus LAN Switches Review

Open standard and extensible...gives you efficiency and savings

What is most valuable?

1. Built on the open source platform which is known as Arista EOS, open standard and extensible.
  2. Does not lock in investment - You can inter-operate Arista switches with other switches and applications via Arista Open APIs.
  3. The Software Defined switch architecture, runs optimized 2-tier network instead of traditional 3-tier network (Core, Distribution and Access) gives you efficiency and savings.
  4. With their condensed fabric switches for datacenter, helps customer achieves lower TCO per port.
  5. Scalable / Density.
  6. Up to 64x10 Gbe ports or 256x10Gbe ports in 2U appliance.

More Products have been launched recently such as the 7280R Universal Leaf Platforms.

How has it helped my organization?

Able to work with a lot of technology partners like Riverbed, Nutanix and Citrix.

What needs improvement?

Can't think of anything at the moment

I haven't experienced any deployment issues.

I haven't experienced any stability issues.

I haven't experienced any scalability issues.

Good

Good

Yes, Cisco and HP Procurve. Cisco is fixed on their software kernel and not customization.

Yes, very straightforward. Easy to configure.

Yes, interop with other switches.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer:
1 Comment

author avatarit_user223053 (Dispatch Manager MSP at a tech services company)

I installed Arista 10gb switches in the top of rack position in the data center at Northwestern University. I found the company response to issues rapid and focused. The devices decreased network latency and interfaced with the Cisco 7K core without problems.