Arista Networks Platform Review

Easy to work with, has good load latency, and is slightly less expensive than Cisco

What is most valuable?

Great latency (bundled with great L1/L2/L3 features) depending on platforms.

What needs improvement?

There is a lot of room for improvement within the solution. Any product, however, can improve. No product is perfect.

The solution needs to accommodate new features.

I have personally made some recommendations in the past and hope to see this implemented in their product line.

I think there is a need for improvement in the area of their VXLAN/EVPN capability but their current solution is great regardless but may be not very scalable for a global deployment.

I've been using the solution for three years at this point. It's been a while.

Again, this depend on the solution and requirement. Arista has different models that can fit into small, medium and large datacenter. Scalability is a factor in any design for expansion.

Depending on the need and requirement, I have worked with different platforms including Cisco, Juniper and some security platforms such as Checkpoint, Fortinet, Cisco ASA and Juniper SRX.

Arista and Cisco are comparatively the same or Cisco a bit more expensive depending on the platforms. However, I like Arista's licensing approach. Cisco licensing could be made simpler.

What other advice do I have?

Every industry is different, so what is going to work for a service provider might not really work for an enterprise environment. Requirement is key in any design proposal.

Vendor/Platforms should tailored to the requirements and solutions.

More Arista Networks Platform reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Ethernet Switches
Learn what your peers think about Arista Networks Platform. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
511,307 professionals have used our research since 2012.