Aruba ClearPass Review

It has improved WiFi security and guest on-boarding to our networks, but it needs to be more vendor independent.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the guest on-boarding (BYOD provisioning, centralized access policies, posture assessment, etc.)

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved WiFi security and guest on-boarding to our networks.

What needs improvement?

It could be more vendor independent.

I've used it for one year.

I have had issues in regards to the stability.

The technical support is satisfactory. However, there is a room for improvement.

I did not use any other similar product.

The initial setup was quite complex because of the lack of detailed documentation.

I implemented it in-house. My advice is to first set up the pilot for a small environment and then go all out.

More Aruba ClearPass reviews from users
2 Comments

author avatarit_user352776 (IT Division at Lais s.r.l.)

"It could be more vendor independent."
why you tell this? i use clearpass guest module for hotspot build on chillispot (so opensource based devices) and radius coa works well

author avatarit_user375078 (Senior Network Engineer/Mobility Specialist at CCSI - Contemporary Computer Services, Inc.)
ExpertTop 10Real User

I have found technical support to be excellent, but do not be afraid to escalate if you feel you are as proficient or more so than the intial tech.