Aruba ClearPass Review

It has improved WiFi security and guest on-boarding to our networks, but it needs to be more vendor independent.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the guest on-boarding (BYOD provisioning, centralized access policies, posture assessment, etc.)

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved WiFi security and guest on-boarding to our networks.

What needs improvement?

It could be more vendor independent.

I've used it for one year.

I have had issues in regards to the stability.

The technical support is satisfactory. However, there is a room for improvement.

I did not use any other similar product.

The initial setup was quite complex because of the lack of detailed documentation.

I implemented it in-house. My advice is to first set up the pilot for a small environment and then go all out.

More Aruba ClearPass reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Cisco, ForeScout and others in Network Access Control (NAC). Updated: July 2021.
521,637 professionals have used our research since 2012.
2 Comments

author avatarit_user352776 (IT Division at Lais s.r.l.)

"It could be more vendor independent."
why you tell this? i use clearpass guest module for hotspot build on chillispot (so opensource based devices) and radius coa works well

author avatarit_user375078 (Senior Network Engineer/Mobility Specialist at CCSI - Contemporary Computer Services, Inc.)
ExpertTop 20Real User

I have found technical support to be excellent, but do not be afraid to escalate if you feel you are as proficient or more so than the intial tech.