Aruba ClearPass Review

It checks the health of computers before granting them access to the network.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the OnGuard agent which performs posture assessments.

How has it helped my organization?

This product helps the organization to perform the NAC concept and check the health of computers before granting them access to the network.

What needs improvement?

Access Tracker section and ClearPass Insight have rooms of improvements.

For Access Tracker: it would be great if Aruba added more information in the Access Tracker section, such as an endpoint’s IP address, device category, name/description of network device, and SHL name, if any.

For ClearPass Insight: it currently has low limits and a lot of use cases couldn’t be applied by the customer which required customization by the Aruba TAC. This is the thing that consumes the most time and could lead to performance issues for ClearPass Insight.

We've used it for two years.

9/10

9/10

I didn’t use another solution.

When there are a lot of requirements, the initial setup will be complex, so it depends on the organization’s requirements.

It was through a vendor team, and I would advise anyone going to implement this solution to enable all features during the initial setup and try to get some reference from the vendor in order to contact them and ask them about their experience.

For licensing, it depends on the organization’s capacity.

I didn’t evaluate another solution.

What other advice do I have?

I would advise you to get support directly from the vendor and not use the partner support.