Aruba ClearPass Review

The two most valuable features for us are ClearPass guest and policy manager.

What is most valuable?

The two most valuable features for us are ClearPass guest and policy manager.

How has it helped my organization?

It keeps your organization secure in many ways, has easy guest logins, tons of options to customize the portal page, and many other useful enterprise-level features.

Automated guest account creation and the customizable captive portal has reduced the burden of the receptionist generating a token for guest access. It supports multiple authentication methods and the access tracker makes admin life easy for troubleshooting.

ClearPass onboard reduces the IT admin burden as well.

What needs improvement?

ClearPass Insight needs to be worked on. The functionality is not quite there yet.

Also, add-on licenses are expensive.

I've used it for one year.

There were no issues with deployment.

There have been no issues with stability.

There have been no issues with scaling it.

Aruba has one of the best support teams amongst all the vendors.

Technical support is the best.

There was no solution in place previously.

It was a little complex to set up. Following the installation guide makes the initial setup easy.

We implemented it in-house.

But if you do use a vendor, make sure your implementation partner is aware of all CleaPass features. Otherwise, it will be tough. Since ClearPass is a mix of AAA, NAC, Guest Module, Onguard, Profiling, and On-Boarding, make sure your partner is an expert in ClearPass.

The VM version is good for the cost, but add-on licenses are costly.

The VM version is good for the cost, but add-on licenses are costly.

We also looked at Cisco ISE.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are Aruba channel partners.
2 Comments

author avatarSenior Network Engineer/Mobility Specialist at CCSI - Contemporary Computer Services, Inc.
ExpertTop 5Real User

Prashant I agree that the TAC is as good as any vendor out there. Customers should always leverage that resource!

author avatarCo Founder at Airowire Networks

@WIFISuperman....I agree, customers should make best use of TAC, if any one want to implement new feature, image upgrade, suggestions.....knock TAC door for safe results!!!!!!!!