Aruba ClearPass Review

This product has provided us a tool to create authentication requirements that users have to meet in order to perform 802.1x authentication.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature for us is its ability to provide clear authentication mechanisms to support multiple authentication requirements.

Improvements to My Organization:

This product has provided us a tool to create authentication requirements that users have to meet in order to perform 802.1x authentication.

Room for Improvement:

The update process is very intense and I believe Aruba should find a way to make this process smoother and easier to administer.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for two years.

Deployment Issues:

We have not run into issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

We have not run into issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

We have not run into issues with the scalability

Initial Setup:

It was hard at first because I didn’t have any training and was trying to figure out the best way for us to use this product with deploying 802.1x.

Implementation Team:

It was originally put in with a vendor team and was only set up for access to the appliances.

ROI:

Our ROI has been good and solid.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The pricing/licensing is very competitive with other products out there.

Other Solutions Considered:

We chose this product because we are using Aruba in other areas today.

Other Advice:

Make sure you take a look at all the types of authentication you want to do and evaluate if you have enough appliances to handle the load. Keep in mind resiliency for failover as well.