Aruba ClearPass Review

This product has provided us a tool to create authentication requirements that users have to meet in order to perform 802.1x authentication.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature for us is its ability to provide clear authentication mechanisms to support multiple authentication requirements.

Improvements to My Organization:

This product has provided us a tool to create authentication requirements that users have to meet in order to perform 802.1x authentication.

Room for Improvement:

The update process is very intense and I believe Aruba should find a way to make this process smoother and easier to administer.

Use of Solution:

I've used it for two years.

Deployment Issues:

We have not run into issues with the deployment.

Stability Issues:

We have not run into issues with the stability.

Scalability Issues:

We have not run into issues with the scalability

Initial Setup:

It was hard at first because I didn’t have any training and was trying to figure out the best way for us to use this product with deploying 802.1x.

Implementation Team:

It was originally put in with a vendor team and was only set up for access to the appliances.

ROI:

Our ROI has been good and solid.

Cost and Licensing Advice:

The pricing/licensing is very competitive with other products out there.

Other Solutions Considered:

We chose this product because we are using Aruba in other areas today.

Other Advice:

Make sure you take a look at all the types of authentication you want to do and evaluate if you have enough appliances to handle the load. Keep in mind resiliency for failover as well.

More Aruba ClearPass reviews from users