Aruba ClearPass Review

Gives us network access control, visibility, scalability, security, and control

What is our primary use case?

OnBoard, OnGuard, SSO and IntroSpect UEBA, including Palo Alto integration. These are valuable from engineer to C-level executives, who want visibility, performance, statistics, and a platform which can take action for them without manual intervention, saving time and money.

How has it helped my organization?

Gives us network access control, visibility, scalability, security, and control in what is becoming an uncontrollable, inundated BYOD and IoT world.

What needs improvement?

Aruba is always finding better, innovative ways to make their products easier and more friendly. It is always being improved, but what I would like to see is “AAS”. Not only Aruba APs with central, but NAC/ClearPass, AirWave, and everything licensed as a Service. This way, like AWS, they can spin up what they need when they need it and vice versa.

None.

None.

Awesome tech support when needed. Each customer is given a customer number and TAC will follow through until all issues are resolved, whether it be a flaw in the product or a customer misconfiguration.

I did not personally use a previous solution.

Initial setup is straightforward. It is recommended to read the manual before implementation.

I provide straight answers. Licensing and pricing are extremely straightforward.

Run a 90 day free Proof of Concept (PoC) for each product by implementing and using it fully in your environment. This way you will be educated on its features, functionality, and manageability.