Aruba ClearPass Review

It has an easy to learn web GUI and ​command lines

How has it helped my organization?

We got rid of books after our third year of installing Aruba WiFi. Our educational delivery system is 99% online with the exception of a few AP classes dictated by the State. As IoT has started arriving on campus, the Aruba solution is already in place.

What is most valuable?

ClearPass is the most valuable tool in my arsenal. It ties everything together: users, devices, IoT, mobile devices, guests, and networks. All of it.

It has an easy to learn web GUI and command lines.

What needs improvement?

• The AirWave Dashboard heat maps could be better designed.
  • Instructions on adding layouts are not as clear as they could be.

More than five years.

Every time I extend my environment: mobile device management, a dashboard to see all my switches, controllers, access points, devices, and users. Aruba has had the best solution.

The support is top notch, expert, and very friendly.

Cost is important. I switched because Aruba's costs were well below Cisco's. Aruba has outpaced Cisco in the marketplace and in performance.

I shopped six WiFi companies for a year before I decided on going with Aruba. Since then, I have replaced all of my Cisco products, with Aruba except the core, which I installed Juniper. This year Aruba has developed a premium core system, and we are putting it in. I like the fact Aruba has cloud or on-prem controllers. I like managing my own environments, so I use on-prem.

We are an “Aruba House”.