Aruba Instant Review

Stable and scalable solution but still has usage kinks

What is most valuable?

I use Aruba Instant because it has firewall and inspection features that are the best for me because my child is using the wireless network and I can just block whichever websites I don't want my child to see. For what I need, the roaming is working okay for small networks.

What needs improvement?

Nothing really to improve. The Instant is simple. But when I'm using the controller, then I'll use the advanced features.

The Instant has a problem with the VPR 3 when I am working with the roaming. The problem is that the keys are incorrect and I must do a disconnect and reconnect, and then it's okay. But I don't know exactly where the problem is because VPR 2 is okay. I would like it if they could fix this. Again, I don't know if it's a problem with them or it's a problem with my device.

Additionally, storage is difficult for me. Metal storage, swimming pools, and garden storage are difficult for me. Also, the shopping centers where I track people are difficult. But offices are easy, offices are no problem.

Because we are using triangulation, there is a problem because you never know which access points are used and connected and which devices are connected on any access point. If there are a lot of different devices, and maybe old devices are present, there are problems.

I've been using Aruba Instant for about a year and a half.

In terms of stability, Aruba Instant is the best on the market.

I am a novice in the Cisco platform and it may be difficult to move to the Aruba platform, but what you can do with Aruba is better than what you can do with Cisco.

In terms of scalability, it's the best on the market.

I have not contacted technical support yet.

The initial setup was complex. The deployment is not too long. We deployed in two days. And the testing took around one week. Deploying is not a problem. The design area is more complex. Troubleshooting and site survey are more difficult for it to work well.

We implemented on our own with books, websites and brainstorming in the office.

I recommend Aruba Instant because it's cheaper for licensing and it's simple for implementation. It's all in the Instant version.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale of one to ten, I'd give it a seven. I would not give a ten because there is a problem in the preferred portal access points when I'm using the portal. The problem is - which access point is preferred for the virtual controller?

More Aruba Instant reviews from users