Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Review

Vendor-agnostic solution which is both stable and secure

What is our primary use case?

For campus installations, student residences, universities, and small community enterprises. The performance is excellent.

How has it helped my organization?

It enhances the user experience and the security of internal access is excellent.

What is most valuable?

It's stable and secure with a lot of functionality. It integrates with the Aruba portfolio very easily, and it's a vendor-agnostic solution, and that's brilliant.

What needs improvement?

I'm looking forward to the release of AirWave 10.

Brilliant. Excellent. Very scalable and very easy to scale it as well, if you plan it accordingly.

I used it once and I received very good technical support. Whomever I spoke to answered pretty quickly. If they can't answer there and then you get a call back a day or two later.

Still, I would like to see a quicker response in the support environment.

I didn't switch. It was just the solution that was here. Coming from Cisco and other systems, Aruba actually did leave a good mark on me compared to how other systems operate and work.

My most important criteria when selecting a vendor would be

• the quality of the product
  • the support behind it
  • the stability of the environment in real life, not in a demo environment.

I did it myself, so it is pretty simple.

What other advice do I have?

Approach HPE for Aruba. Also, stick with a technical team of consultants to design it and then go the market with a solution from HPE and get the value added reseller to do the necessary work.

I would rate Aruba at nine out of 10. There are always things that can be improved. But generally, out of the whole portfolio of solutions, Aruba stands out very much.