Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Review

Perfect scalability, and great stability with no need for a physical controller

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for expanding the capabilities of the network to wireless devices.

What is most valuable?

The solution is overall a great product. The stability is one of the best aspects of it. It's also useful in helping control multiple access points. You don't need to have a physical controller like other brands.

What needs improvement?

In some models, you need to buy the antenna separately. They should put the antenna in the box and make it a full product. The non-antenna option does not work as well. Also, if you're not very aware, you might just buy the model that doesn't include the antenna and then you have to wait for a very long time for the antenna to arrive. It's not a good idea to sell it without the antenna. It's an unnecessary additional cost.

The initial setup has a lot of options, which makes it very versatile yet very complicated to install. There should be two modes: a basic mode and then a more advanced mode to help make implementation easier. Most of the time, if it's a small installation, you don't need the complexity. You shouldn't need higher expertise in order to install a couple of access points in a single place.

I've been using the solution since the HP acquisition.

The stability of the solution is good.

The scalability of the solution is perfect. When you first start to use it, you have an increased amount of access points, and when you extend the network it's very easy. We have about 25-50 devices.

We've never had to contact technical support, so I don't have any experience to speak to.

The initial setup is okay, but only if you know what you are doing. Deployment takes a few hours.

I handled the implementation myself.

The solution is more expensive than other similar solutions, but it's worth the price.

What other advice do I have?

We're an Aruba partner.

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I'd rate the solution eight out of ten.