Aruba Networks Wireless WAN Review

Central mobility controller can manage everything instead of having the independent or basic cellular setup

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use is to provide wireless network access for our clients.

What is most valuable?

The newest features and options allow us to use leading-edge functionality like the central mobility controller which can manage everything instead of having the independent or basic cellular kind of setup. Bigger enterprise-level configuration and policy pushing will become easier with Mobility Master and that will provide better services for our clients.

What needs improvement?

The wireless options could be improved to expand the set of features. From a switching perspective, there should be a little more flexibility so there are opportunities to use a broader variety of switch models compared to competing product options. I don't really know specifically what they need to have and improve, just that they continue to keep up with emerging technologies and continue to expand the capabilities of their services.

We have been using this solution for almost eight years.

Scalability is good with Aruba. You can control and support any feature, unlike in Cisco where we have found limitations. Specific controllers have got specific iOS features. The features can be scaled from smaller controllers to bigger controllers, so you can scale at anytime, no matter what cloud the controller is on. You can also start with the cloud or start with on-premises and go back to the controller base at any time.

We have been in touch with Aruba technical support and I would rate them as pretty good. They have been responsive and answer our questions.

The initial setup is fairly straightforward.

Depending on different models you get different capabilities and flexibility. Based on the core components we can have greater coverage or limited access sites.

What other advice do I have?

On a scale from one to ten where one is the worst and ten is the best, I would rate Aruba Network Wireless as an eight. It is not a ten. Nothing can be a ten out of ten or it would have to be the best product or the only product providing a service.

More Aruba Networks Wireless WAN reviews from users
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless WAN
Find out what your peers are saying about Aruba Networks, Ubiquiti Networks, Motorola and others in Wireless WAN. Updated: January 2021.
457,459 professionals have used our research since 2012.