Aruba Switches Review

Reliable, easy to set up, and cost-effective

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case of this solution is as the edge and the core switches for our company network.

We are working on an ERP system, domain controller, warehouse management, Salesforce automation, and many other applications.

What is most valuable?

It's a reliable product that you can depend on.

You can use it for a long time without any issues.

What needs improvement?

Visibility needs improvement. We don't have visibility in Aruba Switches and we are thinking of switching to FortiSwitch because it has visibility.

Currently, we have visibility and compatibility with the firewall. Through the firewall, we can see the entire network.

They are not very active with this solution. There is no followup with the vendors and resellers, they do not contact us to inform us of new technologies as they do with Cisco and Fortinet. Other vendors are more active in the community.

In the next release, I would like to see visibility included, as well as better integration with other platforms.

I have been working wit Aruba Switches for approximately 11 years.

We are working with the 251 and 190 series.

Aruba switches are stable, but we have a few that are hanging.

Aruba Switches are scalable.

We have more than 1,000 users in our company. We have 15 administrators and four people to maintain the network.

Technical support is moderate, not excellent. We have been waiting for more than two months for our switches that are hanging to be replaced.

Maintenance and after-sales service are not good.

We started with Aruba a long time ago when they were originally 3Com Switches.

The initial setup is straightforward, not complex.

Cisco is more complex than Aruba is.

We have many resellers and system integrators in our country, including Cisco and Fortinet.

There are no licenses, you just purchase the switch.

Comparing with Cisco, and some other solutions, it's a cheap product.

We are considering migrating from Aruba to possibly Cisco, or to Fortinet FortiSwitch.

We are comparing and conducting studies in order to move forward.

What other advice do I have?

We have experience working in networking products, high-security products like firewalls, switches, and all data center products.

We would happy to use Aruba Switches in the future if there are new technologies that meet our requirements, and our needs regarding visibility. Having visibility in the entire network and to see all of the parts of the network is something that is important to us.

In general, I recommend Aruba Switches.

I would rate this solution an eight out of ten.

More Aruba Switches reviews from users