Aruba Switches Review

Very reliable and easy to use but could have a better dashboard

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for our IT infrastructure.

What is most valuable?

The solution is very reliable. It's easy to use with other solutions.

What needs improvement?

The pricing could be adjusted.

The interface could be more user-friendly and the dashboard could be improved.

I've been using the solution for six years.

Now and then there tend to be issues if we have a virtual stack. If there's a power failure, the switches come up at different times. This means we have to shut down the stack and then put them up in a proper way. Otherwise, we will have issues with the IP and those kinds of things. I should note that I've only seen this issue with the virtual stack.

The solution is scalable enough. The product itself is fantastic; I've had no issues with scalability. Currently, we have about 700 people using the technology.

The solution's technical support is okay. I would prefer more engagements around new products and roadmaps, however.

I've never used a different solution. At a previous company, we worked with Cisco switches, which I thought were good until I came to this job and saw you could get a cheaper solution that was just as good.

My network is segmented, however, it's not too complex. The last refresh we did was 2016 and that took us two days over a weekend.

We had a provider that assisted us with the implementation.

The pricing is decent. It's less expensive than Cisco.

What other advice do I have?

We use both the cloud and on-premises deployment models.

I would recommend the solution, especially if you are on a tight budget and are looking for a no-nonsense product.

I'd rate the solution seven out of ten.

More Aruba Switches reviews from users