Aruba Wireless Review

Stable, good support, and scales well

What is our primary use case?

We are a solution provider and Aruba Wireless is one of the network products that we implement for our customers. We offer it to our clients to provide wireless and cloud services.

What needs improvement?

Better integration with equipment from other vendors would ease the deployment process in some cases. It is also helpful because certain vendors concentrate more heavily on a certain side of the industry. For example, one may focus on security but neglect availability. Being able to integrate gives a better overall solution.

Security is something that can be improved.

I have been working with Aruba Wireless for about two years. The company has more than 10 years of experience.

Aruba Wireless is stable and we plan to continue using it in the future.

This is a scalable solution.

The technical support is good, although it sometimes depends on who it is that handles the case.

We deal with several wireless networking products from Aruba, Ruckus, and Brocade.

Sometimes, the initial setup is complex. For example, if I need to integrate with other vendors then there can be issues and we have to do a lot of work to solve these kinds of problems.

The length of time required for deployment depends on the size and density of the network. There are a lot of parameters that dictate how much time it takes, but the average for us is a three to four-day deployment.

We have a design team and a technical team who take care of the implementation and deployment. Most of the time, they consult with me if there's an issue with the design or they need more details. We provide a consulting service for this.

What other advice do I have?

My advice for anybody who is implementing Aruba Wireless concerns the design stage. I suggest trying to design everything using a single vendor. Do not use a multivendor approach because you will have issues with integrating systems together.

Overall, this is a good product and I recommend it.

More Aruba Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Aruba Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: September 2021.
535,919 professionals have used our research since 2012.