Aruba Wireless Review

A powerful solution with efficient support yet requires seasoned IT staff to master

What is our primary use case?

In this University, Wi-Fi is essential to the daily operations, from teaching, learning by staff and students to research by researchers. In recent two years, it contributes to our smart campus objectives, bridging IoT devices in multiple projects.

How has it helped my organization?

With the powerful feature in ClearPass, AirWave, MM and other subsystems, this centrally managed Wi-Fi solution offers the University members and guests a unified user experience, enabling IT staff to administer all component, particularly in search of a technical issue.

What is most valuable?

The ClearPass admin console provides an easy operating interface for checking every user's authentication steps, which is pretty useful to identify the root cause of an authentication issue. Also, the self-service portal allows end-users to manage their registered devices.

What needs improvement?

Perhaps Aruba should publish some best practices for deploying its solution in different industries.

Aruba Wi-Fi solution has been a good partner in my University since 2017.

A very powerful Wi-Fi system.

They provide very efficient support.

Aruba solution is not cheap.

More Aruba Wireless reviews from users
...who work at a University
...who compared it with Cisco Wireless
Learn what your peers think about Aruba Wireless. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.