What is most valuable?
1. The Integrated firewall
2. The captive portal authentication for guests
3. The modular configuration system (by profile and)
3. AppRF new system (from ArubaOS version 6.4)
4. Mutli-site Architecture (master local architecture)
5. Advantageous licensing system (by Access point and not by user, the license server feature from version 6.3).
What needs improvement?
1. The new version is not stable.
2. Teintroduce the Visuel-RF mapping system in the Aruba controllers.
3. Download the firmware without a support account
4. stabilization of clearpass
5. Prepare documentation that handles concepts and not "how to"
For how long have I used the solution?
What was my experience with deployment of the solution?
Yes, but generally with the new OS version and with ClearPass.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
It is a scalable product, but it does not have a Virtual version of the controller.
How are customer service and technical support?
No idea, i do not deal with them. Technical Support
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
No, Aruba WLAN was my first experience with WLAN solutions and is unique.
How was the initial setup?
I think the setup and the configuration of Aruba is complex.
Disclosure: I am a real user, and this review is based on my own experience and opinions.
Dec 14 2014