Aruba Wireless Review

Spectrum Analyzer and the WIP are my eyes in the sky. It would be good to have more than 4GB for the firewall.

Valuable Features

The Aruba Adaptive Radio Management (ARM), Spectrum Analysis and Wireless Intrusion Protection are the most valuable capabilities for me. ARM is helpful because it manages my network for me basically. The Spectrum Analyzer and the WIP are my eyes in the sky, so to speak.

Improvements to My Organization

First of all we use to have standalone AP’s and we had to manage each one separately which was very time consuming for me but now we have a centralized management network with the Aruba 3400 series platform that saves me time in managing. Secondly we had a lot of issues with clients hogging all of the airtime and causing other clients to have to wait but now with Aruba Adaptive Radio Management (ARM) all of our clients have a fair share of airtime and the adjustments are automatic in the controller.

Room for Improvement

They may have already improved on this but it would be good to have more than 4GB for the firewall. I think this is the only thing I can think of for improvements.

Use of Solution

Just over one year

I didn’t have any issues when I deployed to Aruba 3400 series platform. The process was smooth and exciting.

I didn’t have any issues with stability. We have been up and running for over a year now and the users are very happy with our network.

I haven’t had any issues with scalability. We haven’t had any growth or additional things since we deployed the Aruba 3400 series platform.

On a scale from 1 – 10 I would say a 7. I haven’t used the customer service enough to give a higher rating.

Yes I previously used a Cisco Solution. We changed products because Aruba was better in cost.

The initial setup was straightforward. We deployed all of the hardware and configured the controller and watch the AP’s authenticate and associate with the controller.

Implementation Team

We used a vendor to the deployment. The deployment went absolutely well. I will have to give the vendor a 10 for their expertise and work they did.

ROI

My ROI is 125%. We have better production for the workers and IT team.

Other Solutions Considered

No! We only evaluated Aruba.

Other Advice

If you are interested in a solution that is straightforward in configuring and deploying choose Aruba solutions. If you want features that will open up more time for you as a network admin Aruba solutions is for you. If you are looking to improve your WLAN performance, scalability, stability, and security Aruba solutions is for you.

1 visitor found this review helpful