Aruba Wireless Review

Its Access Points are like plug-and-play devices that you just turn on and leave there and will automatically speak with its controller.

What is most valuable?

As a network engineer, the feature that I value with Aruba is the management of the devices, like the one-touch provisioning of a wireless network.

How has it helped my organization?

Aruba Access Points are like plug-and-play devices that you just turn on and leave there and will automatically speak with its controller! It just makes the network administrator's work easier.

What needs improvement?

I worked on getting the root cause of multiple alarms of wireless access points in our management platform and found it to be caused by a software bug of the current version in the wireless controller. While doing this task, I found that the TAC support people I worked with have limited knowledge or comprehension of the what's going on as I was passed around to other engineers a few times.

I used to troubleshoot these devices for six years.

Due to the software bug I encountered (forgot the version), it appeared like that multiple access points were unstable, software speaking, but were not down physically.

Just slightly above the middle rating because not all technical support have the same caliber of troubleshooting an issue.

I also worked with the Cisco wireless solution as I manage several enterprise networks that use different solutions. I would say that managing Aruba products is easier than Cisco.

For a person who has been brought up with Cisco devices, I could say it was complex when I started working in Aruba's CLI.

We just used the cheat sheets we have in our SharePoint, following what the previous engineers did when setting up.

What other advice do I have?

From a person who tried managing multiple wireless device platforms, there were little to no incidents that we receive for Aruba devices for a specific period of time. Though the biggest contender of this product line has been setup to majority of our customers, it appeared that Aruba devices are more stable.