Aruba Wireless Review

The central management feature and the solution's performance are valuable to us. Deployment is easy as well.

What is most valuable?

Move valuable to us are the central management feature and the solution's performance. They're also easy to deploy in all our global locations.

How has it helped my organization?

We have about 40 offices around the world, and in every office we had a different wireless vendor. Our goal, then, was to have one standard solution for all our offices. Now, for example, when our sales team goes from Singapore to China to Belgium, they can just come into the local office and are automatically connected.

What needs improvement?

The AP's didn't automatically connect to our central office upon deployment.

We've had some deployment issues, such as the AP's didn't connect to our central office automatically.

It's a stable solution.

It's very scalable. If one of our offices wants extra AP's, we can just ship them and they just need to plug them them. That's it.

Sometime technical support goes directly through Aruba, and other times it goes through a third party.

We were using several different vendors, including Cisco and some old HP's, and we wanted to standardized in all our offices. So, we switched to Aruba and now have central management.

Initial setup was very straightforward. You just plug it in with a few settings.

We didn't look at other solutions as HP is the company standard.

What other advice do I have?

You may need additional tools like ClearPass, for example, from Aruba.