Aruba Wireless Review

The most valuable feature for us is High Density. We also like the location awareness it provides.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable feature for us is High Density as it allows us to provide coverage for lots of our students both in the same classroom and across campus.

Improvements to My Organization:

It really drives our WiFi function because 95% of the network connections are from student BYOD. It provides location awareness and uses HP's software, which is great.

Room for Improvement:

The location-based software isn't quite there yet and we haven't been able to use it the way that works best for us.

Use of Solution:

We've used it for over 15 years now. It's been a long journey.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

I find that its stability is better than most of the other products we've used over the years.

Scalability Issues:

We don't have any notable issues with scalability right now. From time to time, we've noticed that with 5,500 APs, we do have some issues, but they're not anything we wouldn't expect.

Previous Solutions:

We've used Meru and Cisco, but Aruba's proven to be the best.

Other Advice:

Consider all the software and add-ons for it because they can increase the value of it for something more than WiFi. Put everything together to maximize the benefit for your company.