Aruba Wireless Review

The most valuable feature for us is High Density. We also like the location awareness it provides.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature for us is High Density as it allows us to provide coverage for lots of our students both in the same classroom and across campus.

How has it helped my organization?

It really drives our WiFi function because 95% of the network connections are from student BYOD. It provides location awareness and uses HP's software, which is great.

What needs improvement?

The location-based software isn't quite there yet and we haven't been able to use it the way that works best for us.

We've used it for over 15 years now. It's been a long journey.

We've had no issues with deployment.

I find that its stability is better than most of the other products we've used over the years.

We don't have any notable issues with scalability right now. From time to time, we've noticed that with 5,500 APs, we do have some issues, but they're not anything we wouldn't expect.

We've used Meru and Cisco, but Aruba's proven to be the best.

What other advice do I have?

Consider all the software and add-ons for it because they can increase the value of it for something more than WiFi. Put everything together to maximize the benefit for your company.