Aruba Wireless Review

The initial setup is straightforward. Configure one IAP and all the rest self-configure to that one.​

What is our primary use case?

Doctors offices, car dealerships, and small business. It is used to provide internal, guest access.

How has it helped my organization?

We originally were using SonicPoint and had tons of connectivity issues. We switched to Aruba to fix all the issues with all my clients.

What is most valuable?

I like the IAP line and being able to have a true mesh without the need of a controller. The features included in them are also very nice with a built-in website for ToS for guest access.

What needs improvement?

The price point is pretty high compared to Ubiquiti and other equipment.

Three to five years.

None, which is why this product turned into my go to solution.

The largest implementation that I was able to do was about 15 APs, with no issues.

I have never had to use technical support. The product is very simple to use.

I used SonicPoint. The connection stability was very poor. Though, the firewalls worked well.

Price is fairly expensive, however it is worth it. If the “master” fails, another AP can take over the role.

We evaluated Ubiquiti, Hive, Netgear, Cisco, and Meraki.

What other advice do I have?

Grab a couple and test them out. The features that these things have available and the ease of setup are fantastic.