Aruba Wireless Review

We are able to broadcast different SSIDs with different protocol requirements

What is our primary use case?

The primary use of this system was to provide the best possible WiFi experience for students, faculty, staff, and guests of our campus. We had 88 APs throughout 14 buildings on campus. During the academic year, we could have hundreds of users connected to the APs at any given time.

How has it helped my organization?

Compared to what we previously used to have, this product has enabled us to have more devices connected to our WiFi network.

What is most valuable?

The feature that I love the most is being able to broadcast different SSIDs with different protocol requirements.

What needs improvement?

AP signal strength and price. I know this is a competitive market, but APs should not cost so much if they do not cover a large area.

Three to five years.

The system was very good, but we needed to upgrade in order to adapt for our needs, and doing so with Aruba would have been more expensive.

No issues.

We used a network vendor to work with us whenever we had an issue, so they took care of everything for us.

With our previous system, we had to delete users who had not connected to our WiFi for a period of time. With this system, we did not have to worry about that.

We used Cisco and switched because of the price. In order for us to get what we needed from them, it would have been too costly.

Initial setup was very straightforward. We set up the switches and APs, then took it from there.

Besides paying for the APs, you need to pay a license each year for their use. Therefore, watch out for that and do the best you can to keep costs down.

I can't remember, but we probably did.

What other advice do I have?

It is a great product if it has what you are looking for.

1 visitor found this review helpful