Aruba Wireless Review

Reliable for Many Years as a Wireless Connection for Our Office and Guest Users

What is our primary use case?

We have used Aruba Wireless, with an Alcatel-Lucent logo, as the wireless connection for our office and guest users for nine to ten years.

How has it helped my organization?

We just use Aruba Wireless to provide our wireless connections.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of Aruba Wireless is application monitoring. I can choose which application can connect. You can select the menus. It's very important that it's easy.

What needs improvement?

Aruba Wireless has already improved all that we need. There is a new version, 8.x, that provides a mobility controller. They probably upgraded their cloud servers.

We have Mobility Manager. The idea is to have a mobility-based machine that can manage a controller around the company.

For a more senior tool, a local application monitoring related to IoT vendors would be useful. Because the company is stable, they have good quality.

Aruba Wireless is stable. Now we don't have any issues. In the early versions, there were problems, but now all is okay. They've advanced a long time ago.

With Aruba Wireless you can scale to 10,000 IPs. It's very scalable. In our office, we use around 100. We have customers around the world.

We use Aruba Wireless with thousands of internal users in our office. We resell the product around the globe, so we have thousands of people connected. No extra staff is required to maintain the installation.

We use web resources to fix problems or for the recovery of data. We start around the Aruba network site. We found out the solution to recovering data there.

We don't escalate issues to technical support. We have a lot of support here with our team.

The initial set up of Aruba Wireless is in the middle, i.e. not so easy and not so complex. You need to learn to understand the process through the provided documentation.

We installed Aruba Wireless by our internal team, as we resell their products.

We saw an ROI. We are looking for eventually replacing Alcatel-Lucent because it's a senior to Huawei and Aruba.

With Huawei, you are talking about an enterprise solution. With Aruba, you are talking about a standard solution. Hopefully, we will take the best of each of the previous vendors.

We do not have a leased license with Aruba Wireless. We bought ours earlier. We don't use the cloud solution of Aruba. We bought the license for life. We don't rent the license or pay a monthly fee.

We are looking at Stellar solutions currently as an alternative: OmniAccess Stellar solutions. The new product line from Alcatel is what we are using for it.

What other advice do I have?

Aruba Wireless is very expensive. They changed a lot of models in the last two years. The cost has increased quite a lot in my local area.

Other than costs, it depends on whether you have a discount on the license. Aruba Wireless changed all of the portal payments a couple of years ago. This created some issues.

On a scale of one to 10, I would rate the product with an eight.