Asigra Review

User interface is a bit outdated, but allows us to deploy backup sets quickly and efficiently with no error.

What is most valuable?

Retention and data life cycle management, along with deduplication at a global level.

How has it helped my organization?

Asigra allows for backup set creation using template files, this allows us to deploy backup sets extremely quickly and efficiently with no error.

What needs improvement?

The user interface is a bit outdated, but Asigra has acknowledged this and is working on a new interface.

My company has used this product since 2006, I have been using the product since 2011.

If you do not attend their training or use their support then you will have trouble. As long as you complete the training and utilize your support portal, you will have very few issues.

None, its extremely stable. If an event arose that caused a stability issue, a hotfix would be released within a week or less.

None, the product scales and tiers very well.

Customer services would be a 3 out of 5, simply due high turnover and lack of communication.

Technical support is great, Asigra is working on ways to make it ever better by creating new case portals which help reduce the time to resolution.

Prior to Asigra we used the Zenith BDR in parallel. Sagiss wanted a product that worked and was reliable and Asigra was that product.

The Asigra setup can and is going to always be complex due to the functionality of the backup product. Oddly enough, the complexity of the product allows for great flexibility and scalability in the long run.

We have always implemented Asigra in-house.

I was not the one the initially implement the product, but I do know it was a steep price. Since I have come onboard I have automated a vast majority of the Asigra system so the overhead and work we do is very basic maintenance and remediation.

We evaluated Zenith BDR, CommVault and Asigra.

What other advice do I have?

You need to make the investment in training and certification to get the most out of this product. Once you have Asigra, you are set, it’s a rock solid platform that works every time.

4 Comments

Top 5LeaderboardReseller

Hi Stephen, there seems to be a disconnect between your star rating and written review - are there some negative aspects I'm not seeing? Just wanted to see if that's a slip of the mouse or a real rating. Cheers!

author avatar

David, There is no ability to rate how a company is managed here. With that said, this is why my rating stands at one star. Working with Management at Asigra is disheartening and upsetting at times. Their lack of a moral compass leads to great concerns.

Top 5LeaderboardReseller

Ah, that makes sense - appreciate the additional info; now that you mention it, there is no management rating area... that's an interesting potential addition to the rating process here.

Hello Stephen,

While I don't doubt your candor, I have to admit to having a different experience with the Asigra management team.

I've been leading Cloud Backup/DRaaS companies since 2005, and have been a very happy Asigra partner since then. While I admit that they can be rough around the edges at times, they have always seem to be very direct and honest in my dealings with them. As a reseller, I found many of their actions supportive of my efforts to build and expand the overall business value.

I also admit that an end user may not find these things as valuable, but as a resell partner I have a much different view point.

Guy