Asigra Review

We're able to address most client backup and recovery requirements, but the GUI needs simplification.

Valuable Features:

Asigra's agentless concept makes it so easy to install a client proof-of-concept (POC). Many times a client wants to try a solution before they buy, and being able to deploy a backup and recovery solution without installing software on the client's servers makes deploying a POC very easy.

In addition, Asigra supports wide variety of OS and VMs which means very rarely do we encounter a client environment where we can't deploy, backup and recover data in the same day.

Asigra has recently added a new feature to assist with Amazon EBS snapshot manager.  The tool will make creating backup sets on Amazon that much easier.

Improvements to My Organization:

Flexibility really means a lot for us. Being able to address almost every client backup and recovery requirement means that we have a tremendous amount of confidence as do our partners that Blueshift is going to be able to deploy a solution quickly and efficiently.

This saves time and money allowing the partner or client to be able to check the backup and recovery is done box and move on to the next issue.

Room for Improvement:

I think Asigra still needs to simplify their GUI. I think Asigra really improved the GUI with their 12x release but there's still a lot of functions and options. During any installation we take time to sit down with the customer to ensure they understand how to navigate the GUI.