ASP.NET Review

A flexible solution that is both scalable and easy to use

What is our primary use case?

I use ASP.NET for VBScript. It is used to schedule, deploy, and monitor different processes within UiPath.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this product increases our productivity. It also helps to improve the relationship between stakeholders and customers because the delivery time is very attainable.

What is most valuable?

All of the features are important, based on the project. It really depends on what it is that you're doing.

The most valuable features are ease of use, scalability, and flexibility.

It has a good library that you can find options for what it is that you want to implement or schedule.

What needs improvement?

The areas in need of improvement will vary based on the environment and what it is that you are working on.

Performance is an area that can always be improved. For example, when you are doing invoice processing, you want to make sure that they can run at a faster rate. In terms of claims processing for an insurance company, you want to make sure that they have an increased rate of productivity.

I would like to see a summary or list of key concepts that are available. It should include a list of challenges that people are having, and some of the solutions that can help to solve them.

I have been using ASP.NET for two and a half years.

There are always issues with bugs, but it depends on how you handle them. They can be in different places. For example, if you don't see bugs in the analysis phase then we should isolate the phase where the bug is occurring. You let it run through, almost to the UTI.

The scalability is quite good.

The product is normally used by developers. Analysts do use it, but we have a code of honor based on how the project is prioritized. We have to make sure that we communicate with the stakeholders to make sure that whatever they have specified is working. In some ways, it's up to the standards of the person.

I have never requested support for ASP.NET.

Prior to this, I worked with other scripting languages. Having this experience goes a long way toward really understanding the project, regardless of industry.

I would say that the initial setup is complex. You have to consider different users or different systems being connected to the user interface, which is where you face some of the issues. Perhaps it was not fully thought out and it didn't have the right input components installed. That is something that you have to make sure of.

The return on investment is very high when using this technology.

What other advice do I have?

I would say that integration is the key factor. When you have a better implementation methodology then it will make it easy to integrate with the platform.

My advice for anybody who is implementing this solution is to start with an easy example. It will take a little bit of time for you to understand it. Try to find resources and study. Definitely, I would not discourage anybody from using it.

Private Cloud

Microsoft Azure
More ASP.NET reviews from users
Learn what your peers think about ASP.NET. Get advice and tips from experienced pros sharing their opinions. Updated: June 2021.
509,641 professionals have used our research since 2012.