ASP.NET Review

Works like a perfect solution for each possible project

What is our primary use case?

I have been using ASP.NET and Microsoft technologies for more than five years. I have never been this much addicted to a language like I am right now with C#. We have been using ASP.NET framework from mobile development to web development. It just works like a perfect solution to each possible project I've come across in life up till now.

How has it helped my organization?

There was a gap between developing mobile application some years ago but since Xamarin is in the family of Microsoft, which is a pretty cool cross-platform technology, there is nothing you can't do with Xamarin in the mobile world. It was useful for our organization to reach out for the mobile projects as well.

Most of the important things that would be good in the next release could be support in tooling and design of cross-platform app development.

What is most valuable?

Below are the coolest features of ASP.NET which I found valuable:

• Cross-platform and container support
  • High performance
  • Asynchronous programming via async/await
  • Unified MVC and Web API frameworks
  • Multiple environment and development mode
  • Dependency Injection
  • WebSockets and SignalR
  • Cross-site request forgery protection
  • Self-hosted web applications
  • Action filters
  • Globalization and localization
  • Profiler

What needs improvement?

Although ASP.NET is a full package for any sort of development, whether be it in web or mobile, each part has been covered well enough but there is always room for improvement. I am pretty sure that Microsoft is working in the same direction to ease the pain of developers. I won't point out anything but I am going to enjoy the fact that it's pretty cool to solve something on our own rather than just complaining about something which we haven't tried. However, who said it's going to be easy, but nobody said it's impossible. The most important thing to improve in the next release would be support in tooling and high-level designer toolbox for cross-platform mobile app development.

More than five years.